Saturday 20 January 2024

Saturday, 20-01-24

Good morning, everyone

Yesterday's meal photos:

This worked really well.  Underneath is air fryer baked onion, pepper, mushroom and onion.  It was lovely.
Let's call it bacon and egg breakfast bake.
The soup finally got used!
I changed plans a bit and used the philly light on the toast and in the soup.  Dessert was easy peelers and an apple.

Later on, I had a nectarine.
This was lovely!
I made the bolognaise using onion, sweet potato, butternut squash, pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes plus passata, beef and pork mince (under 5%), some Just Spices Italian seasoning (lovely spice mix), black pepper, stock powder, Henderson's relish, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, all simmered long and slow until it was thich and so, so delicious.
I cooked the pasta, mixed some of the sauce with the pasta and added one As-worth of Seriously lighter plus the grated cheddar on top.
And
It
Was
Amazing!

I am very glad there's plenty left over.
Today's meal plans:

B: bacon omelette with tomatoes on the side
I'm right out of fresh mushrooms, annoyingly.  If I have some in the freezer, it will be a bacon and mushroom omelette.
SW:  should be syn free

L:  rye bread with philly light and smoked salmon, salad; fruit
Just what it says.
CW:  two and a half syns for philly light and the bread is my healthy extra B

D:  lasagne, salad; fruit
I'll be using the bolognaise mixture I made yesterday which was so delicious and I'll make a proper cheese sauce.  The idea is to make two portions but I don't know if the amounts I use will work in two portions.  I'll do the maths once I've made it.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As (per portion) for cheese and the other half for milk, three syns for butter and I have no idea how much flour to make a roux so it's a guesstimate of three syns (all per portion).

Exercise:  online SET class

Summary: 
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment