Monday 8 January 2024

Monday, 08-01-24

Good morning, everyone.

It's chicken leftovers day today.  Probably tomorrow too, in fact! 
I've just stripped the chicken carcass and the bones, etc, are in the slow cooker, gradually giving up their delicious flavour.
How can anyone just chuck a chicken carcass?

Yesterday's meal photos:

I enjoyed this breakfast very much.  This rye and spelt bread doesn't spray fry though - toasting works better.
Just look at this plateful of deliciousness!  It was so, so good!

While on the cruise, the meats were delicious and beautifully cooked.  The vegetables, not so much.  They were OK, they were plentiful, but I cook them better at home.  Of course I do, I'm just cooking for me, not for a boat load of around 1,000 people.

Later on, I had an easy peeler and a pear.

This sort of Caesar salad was delicious but I was cross afterwards when I realised I forgot the curls of hard Italian cheese which would have gone so well with it all.  It's not like me to forget cheese, is it?  Oh, well.

I finished off the day's eating with an apple.

(whispers:  and some chocolate that I found - ooops.  The rest is now in the bin - I do NOT need it )

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit, seeds and yogurt
. . . plus an apple before circuits which is now earlier in the morning
SW:  one syn for one level tsp mixed seeds

L:  chicken and apple sandwich, side salad; fruit
This was one of the fillings in the mini sandwiches we had for afternoon tea on the cruise and it was so delicious I made a mental note.  The 'spread' was soft cheese so I can use Philly light.
SW:  one healthy extra B for bread and 25g grams of Philly light is two syns

D:  cheesy potato topped chicken and mushroom pie, vegetables; fruit
I'm hoping by the time I get to make this, I will have some nice chicken stock from the carcass of Sunday's chicken that I can just thicken a bit with a few thickening granules.
SW:  at least one healthy extra A for cheese and one level tsp thickening granules is one syn so let's say two syns max.

Exercise:  circuit training with Lindsey

Summary: 
one healthy extra A, maybe a bit more
one healthy extra B
five syns


No comments:

Post a Comment