Saturday 13 January 2024

Saturday, 13-01-24

Good morning, everyone

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast changed - in fact, the day's planning changed somewhat.  I decided to do my food shop straight after Slimming World so when I got in a grabbed a carrot, a pear and a mini-plum for breakfast.  Maybe not the best but it satisfied and it wasn't that long until lunch.

This soup was gorgeous.
Made on Thursday and it was:
some soup base mix
broccoli and cauliflower stems (the bits that often get thrown out)
stock
some Just Spices vegetable all rounder which is a sort og generic spice/herb mix that works really well ion this sort of recipe
some garlic granules

I just boiled it all up together and then blended it smooth.  It made two portions so there's a pot in the freezer for another day.
When I heated it up, I added one As worth of Seriously Light cheddar spread which melted nicely as it reheated, a splash of water because it really was very thick and then topped it with half an As-worth of Danish blue which counts as an A, unlike Stilton and a garnish of mustard/cress leaves.
I did look for some Laughing Cow lighter triangles, the 'blue' flavour, but couldn't find any so used the Seriously instead.
Then I used all of my B on croutons which I air fried with spray oil and some Just Spices roast potato seasoning.
So - one and a half As, one B and one syn on some seeds I added to the salad.


So I changed the burger and chips plan.  Instead of chips I had what I call mini-roasties.
I already had the burger and I had some left over sauce so I used a little round dish, sprayed a bit of oil in the bottom and then added . . .
some sliced cornichons
the burger, cooked first
some caramelised onion chutney
one cooked bacon medallion
the sauce, heated in the microwave
some finely grated hard Italian cheese.
. . . and then gave it about ten minutes on bake in Nellie.
It was gorgeous - I think I might add chutney to that sauce again, it gave such a great flavour to the whole dish.

Dessert was an orange.

Today's meal plans:

B:  pancakes or waffles, fruit and yogurt
Using the usual recipe - 20g wholemeal SR flour (which I count as part of a healthy extra), one medium egg, a dollop of yogurt and about 1/4 tsp baking powder, plus flavourings, usually sugarly and a skinny syrup.  Mix together and add water to get the right consistency (very little water needed).
I can either cook this as pancakes or in the waffle machine and I serve it with fruit and a bit more yogurt on the side.
SW:  half a healthy extra B and the baking powder is too little to count.

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup, grated cheese; fruit
It really is soup weather now, isn't it.  So easy to make, you can pile in the speed and free veg and it's so satisfying and warming.
This one is soup base mix, can tomatoes, some roasted red pepper (in brine - I rinse them off) and some stock plus whatever seasonings you fancy.  I blend it all down and then push it through a sieve for extra smoothness.  It freezes so well and can be used as a pasta sauce too.  What's not to like.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the grated cheese and half a syn for a garnish

D:  Indochinese hakka noodles; fruit
This is a Simply Cook kit (I still have loads to use up from last year) which serves two so that is tomorrow sorted as well as today.  The only think I have to change is that it asks for pak choy and I only have sweetheart cabbage so that will have to do!.
I'm not sure whether the sesame oil is included in the calorie count so I'll count it extra, just in case.
I have no idea what it will taste like but it sounds lovely!
SW:  four and a half syns for one portion plus four syns for two tsps sesame oil so two syns per portion

Exercise:  online SET class

Summary: 
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
seven syns

No comments:

Post a Comment