Monday 15 January 2024

Monday, 15-01-24

Good morning, everyone

Yesterday's meal photos:

No breakfast photo.

You can't fasil to win with a Sunday roast - even if it is lamb chops rather than a joint.
To save time and electrical energy, I air fried the lamb with the potatoes and parsnips and it worked really well.  The lamb was a bit overdone but still very nice (I'll pop them in five minutes into cooking time next time) and, while it's not SW friendly, some of the fat was absorbed by the potatoes and they tasted great.
Definitely not something SW advises, mind you.  
The Indochinese hakka noodles, made using a SImply Cook kit, was disappointing.  It was partly my fault in that I overcooked the noodles but the stir fry sauce wasn't the nicest.  The chicken marinade, however, was tasty!

It made two portions so what I've done is taken out the chicken to use today and put the rest in the veg recycling box.  A bit of waste there but not everything.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  two syns for yogurt as it's not 0%

L:  spicy chicken salad; fruit  
I plan to shred the chicken from the noodle dish and use it over a nice, mixed salad, maybe with some bacon and certainly with some mixed seeds.  I think I'll try a dressing with one tsp evoo, one each of lemon and lime juices, a bit of sweetener and maybe pepper.  No spice because the chicken is spiced.
SW:  I'm calling the chicken one syn plus one for seeds and two for one tsp evoo

D:  roast turkey dinner; fruit
Roast?  On a Monday?  Yup!  When I went shopping just after getting home, Morrisons had a turkey leg cut into two sections for under £6.  I know there's a lot of meat on a turkey leg so I grabbed it and froze it in the two sections.  I'm going to roast the top section today and that will give me loadsa left over meat for the rest of the week.  I missed my turkey leftovers between Christmas and New Year.
(I think the drumstick part might be better casseroled - what do you think?)
SW:  two syns for gravy and one syn for home made cranberry sauce.

Exercise:  Circuits class

Summary: 
not great with the healthy extras.  Note to self - look critically at planning
seven syns

No comments:

Post a Comment