Tuesday 5 December 2023

Tuesday, 05-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

I was going to have a friend round today but we have had to reschedule for next week.  She is a SW girl though so it doesn't change the planning at all.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Smoked salmon and avocado go so very well on a bagel, especially with avocado topping sprinkled over.
A lovely breakfast.
This is what Alex and I had for lunch.
Turkey and ham (and a couple of pigs in blankets for Alex), roast potatoes, parsnips and onion and carrot, sprouts and cauliflower.

So delicious,

Later on, after moving some stuff around, we had a mince pie each from the freezer with a splash of cream.


Alex polished off the roast potatoes and parsnips but there were leftovers of everything else so . . .

I lay the ham and turkey in the bottom of an oven dish, spread over the veg, poured over the gravy and reheated it in the microwave.  Then I sprinkled over a good portion of grated cheese (2 x A) and popped the dish in Nellie for around ten minutes.

It was delish.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Something easy and simple because I will be pushed for time.
SW:  syn free

L:   christmas toastie 🎄, side salad; fruit
Leftovers of ham and turkey with some cheese and some cranberry sauce - because you have to, don't you?
SW:  I'm cheating a bit and counting 40g brie as a healthy extra A - which is isn't because not enough calcium - so shhhhhhh; the calories work though.  Also one B and one and a half syns for cranberry sauce.

D:  spaghetti carbonara with cranberry and chestnut falafels 🎄; fruit/yogurt
So,  basically, cheesy spaghetti with falafels and I will cook some mushrooms to go in the spaghetti carbonara.  
Or I might forget about the carbonara sauce and just melt in some Seriously Light cheese spread instead.  Easier and I don't have to worry about accidental scrambled egg.  I enjoy scrambled eggs but not with spaghetti!
Should be nice enough, whichever I do.
SW:  three and a half syns for the falafels and one A for grated hard Italian cheese or cheese spread.

Exercise:  Groove class - last of the block.

Summary:
two healthy extra As (sort of)
one healthy extra B
five syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.


No comments:

Post a Comment