Saturday 2 December 2023

Saturday, 02-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

It was interesting, going to group knowing I wasn't going to weigh.  I think I will build this on from time to time, because I don't have to.  I think the SW way of organising one's eating is great but there's some flexibility that can be introduced into it all as part of the ongoing 'journey'.

I may not have weighed but I was lucky enough to win the raffle.

These Beanies get everywhere - I gather there's a nice Beanies Advent Calendar too!  I thought this was a nice idea for the raffle and it came with a Christmas mug - the clear glass kind with a foot, a bit like a large schooner glass with a handle.
It has holly decorating it and will go nicely with the ones I already have, one just glass and the other with snowflakes painted on.

Definitely a raffle prize I will use.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Yummy!!!
The brown stuff sprinkled over is 'coffee kiss' spice mix.  Not specifically sweet but it does impart a depth of flavour.
You almost didn't see this photo because I had scoffed a good couple of mouthfuls before remembering to take a photo.  So it doesn't look as 'arranged' as it should have, but it was lovely, all the same.

So simple but really nice and all cooked in Nellie the Ninja, apart from the cranberry sauce.  


Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon and egg sandwich, mushrooms and tomatoes
Just what it says really.
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  smoked salmon pate 🎄, ryvita; salad; fruit
I make this with smoked salmon (obviously) and philly super-light, blended together with lemon, black pepper, etc.  No extra salt as the ingredients are salty enough.
The ryvita is a new addition to my range of Bs.  It counts as a healthy B in the right amount.  I bought two, the fruit crunch (three slices) and the dark rye (four slices).  
The Philly light doesn't count as an A nowadays but I am going to sub it in as an A - it used to be.  One healthy extra A is around 120 calories and I can have up to 80g Philadelphia light for that.
Yes, I'm mixing my strategies - so shoot me.  < grin >
SW:  one healthy extra B for ryvita and up to one healthy extra A for the soft cheese

D:  cranberry and chestnut falafels 🎄, roasted veg, chips (maybe); fruit/yogurt
The falafel recipe is on BBC Good Food, here:
I'll concoct a lemon and mint sauce to have with them.
SW:  the chestnuts are four and a half syns, the cranberries are fresh so no need to syn them and I will spray air-fry them.

Edit:  In the end, I went into Nutracheck, worked out the calories for the chestnuts (the only thing I needed to syn), divided that by the number of falafels the mixture made (24) and then timed by five (how many I was going to have) and it came to three and a half syns.  So better than expected.

Exercise:  perhaps SET online.

Summary:
one healthy extra A (sort of)
two healthy extra Bs
four (three, in fact) and a half syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment