Monday 4 December 2023

Monday, 04-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Yesterday's meal photos:

It was a busy morning and by the time I was ready for 'breakfast', I really couldn't be bothered with an all day thingy so I used ryvita (fruit crunch and a B), Seriously Light spread (part of an A) and some slices of the leanest ham I've ever seen (Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself) that I cooked in my air fryer earlier.

A bit grab and go but actually really nice.
Afternoon tea started with some prosecco which got us all chatting . . .
And then in came the food.  Apologies for the bad photo but you can see what was on offer.  Lovely sandwiches, excellent scones and some lovely, squidgy cakes.

It was hard, believe me, but I managed to force it all down.  😇


Much later, in the evening, I wasn't that hungry so I just has a couple more slices of ham - very nice too.

Today's meal plans:

B:  avocado bagel with smoked salmon 🎄 (smoked salmon is definitely festive!)
Really looking forward to this.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a bagel, three syns for 40g avocado

L:   roast turkey dinner 🎄; fruit
Alex is coming round after circuits and I've promised him a roast turkey dinner.  I have ham too and will make him a few pigs in blankets as he really loves them.
SW:  about three syns for some pigs in blankets gravy and one and a half for cranberry sauce

D:  leftovers 🎄 :  fruit/yogurt
There will be leftovers but what and how much will determine what I do with them.  Watch this space.
There will definitely be turkey and ham.  Maybe a leftovers curry?  I really don't know right now, first thing on the morning.
SW:  unknown at the moment, maybe syn free but time will tell.

Exercise:   small group circuits class

Summary:
possibly a healthy extra A in the evening
one healthy extra B
seven and a half syns plus whatever I have for dinner

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment