Tuesday 19 December 2023

Tuesday, 19-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Just to let everyone know that I won't be posting regularly through Christmas/New Year.  There's no point really.  So tomorrow will be the last one for a few weeks - but it will be back and raring to go in the New Year, I promise.

Yesterday's meal photos:

An omelette makes eggs go a long way, doesn't it?  This was made with three mushrooms, two eggs and 30g grated cheese plus seasonings and it was lovely.
I swapped lunch and dinner round so had my roast dinner midday.  Yummy!!
A nice and simple supper/tea thingy but it was a day of nibbles, sadly!  Oh, well.


Today's meal plans:

B:  bubble and squeak with eggs
I'm not really sure what to call this.  I cooked loadsa veg yesterday and I have mashed some up to make a patty this morning.  I'm going to brown off the base in a pan.  make a dip in the middle to add an egg, spready grated cheese around and pop it all under the grill so the egg cooks.
What would you call it?
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese

L:   roast dinner wrap 🎄; fruit
The rest of the leftovers from yesterday but in a wrap with nibbly veg on the side.
SW:  one syn for some hm cranberry sauce, one syn for a bit of gravy and one healthy extra B for the wrap

D: sausage 🎄, beans and chips
I have a couple of really nice high meat sausages I got from a good butcher - I think they are caramelised onion ones.  I've been saving them for nearer to Christmas and I just really fancy them in an old fashioned comfort food meal.  Yummeroo!
SW:  sadly, no idea, but let's say eight syns for the sausages and two for some gravy while the rest is free (I think)

Exercise: Groove class online

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
twelve syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment