Sunday 17 December 2023

Sunday, 17-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Are you finding it increasingly difficult to eat in an organised and healthy way?  I am.  Today is another day when Christmas stuff gets in the way.
Yes, I could, strictly speaking, stick to plan but I would resent it, I think, and that would be counter productive.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast - potato cakes, smoked salmon, an egg and tomatoes on he side - was delicious and very welcome after a trip into town!

It was more like a brunch in timing and afterwards I got going with some sorting out and tidying and totally forgot about lunch.  When I looked at the clock, it was nearly five!!  So no fish finger sarnie yesterday - but today I WILL have it!
My picky platter to enjoy through Strictly and I enjoyed every last mouthful.  
Very beige, isn't it and, to be quite honest, I didn't need to cook so many of the pastry items.  Lesson learned. . . .

Today's meal plans:

Brunch:  fish finger sarnie and salad; fruit
Because I want it and didn't have it yesterday
SW:  two syns for the fish fingers, one for mayo and one B for the bread

Buffet:
Beth and Alex are round and I am doing a cheese and wine buffet - except that there won't be that much wine, more red Schloer Zero.  I love that so it won't be a hardship.
SW:  ha ha ha ha ha ha - ad infinitum!

Exercise: plenty of rushing around

Summary:
two healthy extra As (and some)
one healthy extra B (and some!)
no idea

Proper back on plan tomorrow for three days.

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely buffet with Beth and Alex - I'm sure you'll all enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sooze. I'm very much looking forward to it. xx

      Delete