Friday 15 December 2023

Friday, 15-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Today is SW Group (my last before the New Year) and weigh in. 
I set myself a mini-target which was to stay within my target range during the eight weeks up to Christmas because, historically, I have stayed firm for the first week in December and then it has all gone to pot.
I haven't totally achieved that - one week I was half a pound over and one week I didn't weigh - but I will be very dismayed if I have a gain out of target range after the shenanigans of earlier this week.
I might go to another group earlier next week, just to keep me on track a bit longer.  I'll see.

Yesterday's meal photos:

This is what Chris and I had with our coffee.  I finished off the fruit afterwards and the nuts went back into the bag.

I found some spicy carrot and lentil soup in the freezer for lunch and it was lovely with some air fryer croutons.
Lovely cranberry and chestnut falafels with some carrots and sprouts.  My appetite isn't totally back so this filled me nicely!




Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt

L:  bacon, cheese and cranberry toastie 🎄, side salad; fruit
 - with home made cranberry sauce because it's just the best!  
SW:  one syn for the cranberry sauce, one healthy extra B for bread and one and a half to two As for cheese - it has to be nice and gooey!

D: salmon, chips and peas - a sort of posh fish and chips; fruit
Just what it says.  I always do chips in the air fryer and I have some roast potato seasoning to sprinkle over.  I'll probably make some lemon mayo to go with the salmon.
SW:  one syn for super-light mayo

Exercise: personal training

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment