Friday 18 October 2024

Friday morning, 18-10-24 and getting back on track - the Extra Bit is back.

Good morning, everyone!  
(I wrote this yesterday which is just as well because time's a bit short today)

The end of the self indulgence is in sight.  In fact, as far as meals are concerned, it's gone and passed now and it's the healthy breakfast to finish off my time here!

Have I made the wisest choices since Monday?  No!
Have I eaten a lot of ultra processed rubbish?  Oh, yes!!
Have I had the best time?  Undoubtedly!
Am I ready and happy to get back to it again?  For sure
What I ate yesterday
 Sorry, no photos.
Breakfast was fruit, yogurt and seeds
Lunch was cheese and crackers plus crisps and salad.
Dinner was all the other leftovers mixed together, plus the last of the tomatoes.  I heated it all up in the oven before adding some garlic boursin, some grated cheddar, some cubes of feta and some croutons and baking it again for longer.  It was REALLY nice and I'll be making a pared down version again before long.  A bit like a pasta bake with potato instead of pasta.

My meal plans for today:

B:  fruit - everything else is packed.

L:  back at home - some sort of pasta bake - a main meal as I'm out in the evening and don't want anything too heavy

D:  cheese and chutney toastie, salad; fruit

Exercise:   nothing organised but a fair bit of walking, I suspect.

The Extra Bit:

How to get back on track after a holiday.

1.  No regrets, no guilt!

2.  Thank my lucky stars the next SW weigh in isn't until next Friday!

3.  Restock the fridge with all my healthy favourites

4.  Get a quick meal plan done and put any necessaries on the shopping list BEFORE I go shopping!  See point 3.

5.  Make sure I do Lindsey's SET class on Saturday morning.

6.  Don't weigh until Monday - give the body a change to re-balance itself first.

7.  Give grateful thanks for a lovely time away and that I also love coming home again and getting back to my best way of eating.

8.  And remember  - no regrets, no guilt, no recriminations.  None at all.  I have had a lovely time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment