Saturday 26 October 2024

Saturday evening, 26-10-24 and planning strategies for Chr*stm*s (sorry)

Good evening, everyone!  
Apologies for the naughty word in the title . . .  

What I ate today

Breakfast was a couple of apples eaten when we stopped for coffee on our walk.  I didn't take a photo.
Syn free.

Lunch was ever so much nicer than I expected.  I mashed a can of sardines in tomato sauce (syn free, I believe) and added a bit of tomato puree and a pinch of chilli flakes.
I toasted pumpernickel bread for my B, piled on the sardine mix and topped it all with one As-worth of grated cheddar before popping them under the grill.
The salad was just leaves, peppers and tomatoes with some seeds and a bit of my salad dressing.  So although it doesn't look terribly Meddy, it does fit the style - oily fish, seeds, fresh veg, fibrous bread evoo in the dressing . . ..

One healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, one syn for seeds, two syns for dressing.

Later on, I had a very juicy pear.

Dinner was the last of the bean and barley soup.  To it I added half an As-worth of Seriously Lighter and some cubes of smoked basa.  The cheese melted in and the fish cooked quickly.  Then I topped it with cheese that came to half an A and one syn (no point in chopping that bit off and putting it back in the bag).
And it was delicious!

Half a healthy extra A and one syn

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
(see my SW halo!)
four syns


My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit, yogurt and seeds

L:  roast gammon dinner (Beth and Alex are round); fruit

D:   cheesy gammon toastie with salad; fruit

Exercise:  rest day



The Extra Bit:
I know it is still only October and we're not over Halloween and Bonfire Night yet but, having safely negotiated my holiday, thoughts are turning to Christmas strategies.
It hasn't helped that the new SW mag is full of festive stuff.

So I need to start thinking about how I am going to manage Christmas this year.  Last year, I was on a cruise and it was amazing . . . fully inclusive and wow!!  
But . . .

Now I don't want that for me this year.  I want to enjoy my food, sure, but I don't want to scoff loads of rubbish stuff that is bad for me in terms of blood pressure, cholesterol and gut biome.

So it's time to think, time to research (and by that I mean look up stuff on Google and in magazines, etc) and gather lovely and healthy recipes into my folder.

As we say
Forewarned is forearmed
and
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

People also say 'nothing tastes better than being slim feels' - but, believe me, you CAN have both, you really can.
So watch this space.  xx



No comments:

Post a Comment