Thursday 10 October 2024

Wednesday evening, 09-10-24 and oooops!!

Good evening morning,everyone!  
Confession time - slightly busy day, made busier because I kept sneaking in time to work on a rather addictive (at the moment) crochet project.  Ooops.  And then I was out in the evening for a meeting and when I got in I was just too tired . . .
So here I am this morning and there's no 'Extra Bit' at the end.  I will finish it and add it to this evenings blog post.



What I ate today

The usual fruit, yogurt and seeds.
Two syns for quite a lot of mixed seeds.

Later, I had a couple of easy peelers.
Main meal at lunchtime - salmon, bulgur wheat and mixed roasted veg - it was lovely.

Four syns for evoo in the roasted veg.

Later on I had an apple.

I had a school governors' meeting at six (which is why I had my main at lunchtime) and there were biscuits.  I had - ooops - three.

That was a mistake - I KNOW high sugar, ultra processed stuff like that sets me off.
So when I got home I went bonkers with the cheese and then with some raw mixed nuts.

However - time was when I would have gone straight over the road to Morrisons after the meeting ended and bought all sorts of junk to scoff until late.
I didn't - I didn't even want to.  And apart from the biscuits, it was relatively 'good for me' stuff.

This morning, I decided to be brave and work out the damage.
The biscuits were four syns each - twelve syns (I thought they would have been more).
The bread was a B - that was OK.
The cheese - probably three As - actually, that is within maintenance as I can have an extra A or B each day if I want.
One and a half syns for chutney
I truly have no idea of the nuts but you know what - I'm calling yesterday one of the two days to have double syns.  That makes me feel a lot better.

Summary:
three healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
up to thirty syns.

So no guilt, no self recriminations, no punishing myself.  It is what it is and it was OK.  And did I enjoy the food - well, my insides may feel a bit 'heavy' this morning (the nuts, I suspect) but, yes, I did.  



My meal plans for tomorrow today:

B:  fruit, yogurt and seeds

L: crustless quiche, tomatoes, mushrooms; fruit

D:  puy lentils with sweet potato and goat's cheese; fruit

Exercise: a walk









1 comment:

  1. Never mind happens to us all.Today is a new day onward and upward or downward hopefully lol Kath xx

    ReplyDelete