Thursday 18 January 2018

Thursday, 18-1-18

Good morning, everyone.

Today's frugal food plans:
B:  porridge with tinned fruit and natural yogurt
L:  pea soup, yogurt
D:  chorizo and bean stew, sweet potato fried, side salad
Ss:  apple, orange

From the freezer:
The pea soup and I might also get some frozen peas to garnish.
The chorizo and bean stew.

The frugal fractor:
Porridge!  And the fruit is tinned and is from the Saver's range.
The pea soup was very inexpensive to make from dried peas, some veg and some stock
I made the stew several months ago now when I was doing pound a day but I remember that the chorizo was a yellow sticker purchase and the beans (pulses) were home soaked and cooked.  I made a batch and froze it in single portions.
The sweet potatoes were a bag of five for £1.00 which seemed very good value.  I'll have to look up how to make the fries but I am assuming it is more or less the same as making SW chips.
The salad is from Aldi Super Six veg and the last bit of red pepper from a bag of Wonky peppers.


(As an aside, yesterday's savoury mince for the pasta bolognaise was made a while ago and frozen and didn't taste half as flavoursome as the mixture I made at the weekend with the roasted mince.  It was nice but . . . )

2 comments:

  1. Are you a member of Slimming World?
    I am. The chips are great...though not as great as the forbidden chip shop ones unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm not, but I really do like some of their recipes. How's it going for you?
      J x

      Delete