Friday 6 January 2023

Friday, 06-01-23; Low Spend, No Spend January

Good morning, everyone.  
Weigh day today at the new temporary venue.

Exciting news - well, I think it is exciting!
My personal trainer, Lindsey, has started a new initiative called Shimmy Snippets (her company is called 'Shimmy and Groove').  It's designed to provide daily snippets to get you moving regularly.  Some are pre-records and some are live access to part of a class.  These snippets are then stored longer term so that subscribers can access them afterwards, if wanted again or, in the case of the live segments, if you can't be there at the time.
So, next Monday (it starts next week) is a live 15 minute energise session, Tuesday and Wednesday are pre recorded morning mobilisers, Thursday is a segment from her live SET session and Friday is a live 15 minute energise.  Saturday is a live SET segment and Sunday is a recorded stretch.
She's going to try to keep to the same timetable each week unless there are no live classes that week, in which case she will use a pre record.  Even Lindsey has to slow down sometime!

Incredibly, these are just 10p a session and you commit for the whole year with something every single day which, at that price, seems very reasonable to me.  It is so reasonable that I've signed up so, when you see 'Shimmy Snippets' in the exercise bit below, that's what it is.

I'm really looking forward to starting.  Lindsey's sessions really motivate me and an early morning something is a great start to the day.

 

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast - I changed it from baked oats and I'm glad I did as I was so full after lunch.

I chose the brie and bacon toastie for my lunch.  No photo but it was absolutely delicious.

Dinner was the other soup made on Wednesday and it was so, so good.  Not colourful, very rustic and delicious.

The bit that's left has now been mixed with the left over leek and potato soup and that's my lunch for today.

A bit later, I had an apple for dessert and that was it for the day.




Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
. . . after weigh in, of course!
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

L:  hm soup with cheesy triangles; fruit
The cheesy triangles are something I thought of last night - a wrap and some grated cheese.  Sprinkle the cheese over the wrap with a few chilli flakes and pop in the oven for about ten minutes until the triangles have gone a bit crunchy.  That's the theory anyway but we will see.  I'll let you know.
SW:  one healthy extra A for 30g cheddar and one healthy extra B for two slices of wholemeal

D:  fish, chips and peas; yogurt
I have a really nice piece of cod in the freezer (yellow sticker, found a few months ago) so I am going to egg and breadcrumb it and air fry it.  The chips will be the usual SW-happy ones; they are just so easy to make, I can't remember the last time I had shop bought chips.
I know there's no speed but I think peas go with fish and chips so much better than any other veg.
SW:  up to three syns for breadcrumbs, one syn for superlight mayo and half a syn for yogurt

E:  I'm clearing the last of the Christmas stuff so there will be a lot of coming and going, up and down stairs, carrying boxes out to the garage, etc.  I'm counting that today.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four syns


What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

2 comments:

  1. You sound really enthused about the exercise snippets (can't say the thought of exercise every day excites me! haha). I'm pleased for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I am, Sooze, in my old age I have been converted to the benefits of exercise! Anything to ward off the effects of getting older.
      Seriously, I never thought I would say this but I am enjoying my exercise classes but am not so motivated at home so I'm hoping this will be the bridge.
      xx

      Delete