Monday 9 January 2023

Monday, 09-01-23: low spend, no spend January

 Good morning, everyone.

I thoroughly enjoyed making a wholemeal loaf yesterday.  Instead of using my slicing gizmo to produce slices that are one healthy B each, I sliced 'by hand' and, while the slices are not nearly as regular and attractive, they are half a B each instead so I'm pleased with that!


Yesterday's meals:

This was a great way to start the day!
Lunch was the soup I made to use up the chopped tomatoes and it was very tasty, as was the orange I had afterwards.
Finally, the second day ras el hanout bake was delicious.  I added some chorizo (synned), some mixed beans and some mushrooms plus some more ras el halout spice mix and topped it with cheddar.  

I finished off with some 2% Greek yogurt and that was it for the day.




Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

L:  beans on toast; fruit
SW:  three syns for one slice of toast

D:   burger, cheesy coleslaw and salad; yogurt
I rather fancy using turkey mince for the burger and jazzing it up with some spice and some finely chopped bacon.  If I add some veg too and make two thinner burgers, I can have a double cheese burger and make it looks very fakeaway - well, I can try anyway.
No chips - I know from experience that chips will be just too much.
SW:  the turkey mince is free, as is the bacon and spice, breadcrumbs will be a maximum of two syns (for 20g) and mayo for the coleslaw will be one syn.  I'm going to use all my healthy extras on a wholemeal roll and some cheese while any chutney I add will be one and a half syns.  Dessert is half a syn.

E:  Shimmy Snippets and circuit training

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight and a half syns

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment