Wednesday 11 January 2023

Wednesday, 11-01-23: Low spend/no spend January

 Good morning, everyone.

Is it really the 11th - a third of the way through January.  Crazy!
Time is flying and I don't seem to have made much of a dent in my stores but I'm using stuff up slowly but surely.  I think February will definitely be another low spend/no spend month.
What will I do with the money I save?  Well - I will use some to restock with self stable stuff, some to donate to our local food bank and I will shove some into longer term savings, I think.

Yesterday's meals:

This was the perfect breakfast after a very energetic Groove class.  I changed it slightly.  Remembering that I was having some bacon for lunch, I changed breakfast bacon to a couple of Heck chicken Italia sausages (one syn for both) from the freezer.
When it came to lunch, I decided I would do a frittata rather than a tortilla so the can of new potatoes remains intact..  It looks loads but apart from two eggs, one bacon medallion and 30g cheese, it is all speed vegetables.  It was lovely!
I made up the Vietnamese pork as the recipe said apart from using spray oil and subbing red pepper and mushroom as the veg and, as expected, it made loads.  I have two more portions which I can bulk out with more veg because I served up more than a third of the red pepper - note to self: next time, do a whole pepper, not half.
It was very filling so I didn't have any yogurt.

A really lovely day's eating yesterday.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
After Monday's shop, I have a nice selection of fresh fruit as well as what's in the freezer and I'll probably use 0% yogurt today
SW:  syn free

L:  boiled egg, poached egg, toast; fruit
This is in the nature of a try out.  Recently, I heard and read separately that the Ninja both 'boils' and poaches eggs rather well so I thought I'd give it a go and see.
To 'boil' an egg, just place it in the tray and air fry for six minutes - so not exactly boiling as such.
To poach, put some just boiled water into a Ninja proof bowl with a bit of vinegar and a bit of oil, crack in the egg and air fry on 200 for six minutes.  
So I can sync the two trays so they should finish at the same time and while they are Ninja-ing, I can make the toast.  
Or, thinking about it - same time, same temp, same tray?  Why not?
Watch this space!
SW:  one healthy extra B for toast

D:  Vietnamese pork, rice, broccoli; yogurt
The second portion from yesterday with some broccoli on the side; I'm looking forward to this as the flavours will have developed overnight.
SW:  six syns for the pork, half a syn for yogurt

E:  personal training and today's Shimmy Snippet which, I think, is a short pre-recorded energiser

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment