Sunday 15 January 2023

Sunday, 15-01-23: low spend/no spend January

Good morning, everyone.

Today is the last of this week's Shimmy Snippets, a stretch session. but I don't yet know how long it is.  I suspect it's around five minutes.  
Yesterday's was a full class, forty five minutes and I enjoyed it very much.  I'm really glad I am subscribed for the whole year - it should help considerably in my aim to be reasonably fit and strong.  At my age, I can't expect miracles but I can make an effort!

Yesterday's meals:

I had a banana before the Shimmy SET class and this fruit afterwards and it was plenty enough without any yogurt
This lamb hotpot for lunch was so good.  Deeply savoury and satisfying.
I used lamb from a joint, stock from boiling up the lam bones, added peas and corn and thickened the gravy with Bisto (and, yes, it was two syns).  The potato was 'baked' in the microwave before slicing, constructing the hotpot, spraying and air frying while the green beans cooked.

Later on, I enjoyed an apple.

Very nice - sausage pasta bake, so filling that I didn't have anything else afterwards.  I was stuffed!


Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, mushroom, tomato and a potato waffle
. . . because it's Sunday!
SW: two syns for the waffle

L:  roast turkey dinner; fruit
Roast turkey from the Christmas bird, a chestnut and cranberry stuffing ball, roasted potato, sweet potato and parsnip and some green veg.  Nice.
SW:  two syns for 2 tsps bisto and I have no idea how many calories in the stuffing ball as it is home made so let's say three to be safe.  The rest should be syn free

D:  coconut and lime chicken escalope with coleslaw and a salad; yogurt
I'll just cook the chicken in the Ninja.
SW:  an escalope is half a syn and one syn for the mayo plus half for the yogurt.

E:  Shimmy Snippet and maybe some gardening.

Summary:
no healthy As or Bs
nine syns

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment