Monday 2 January 2023

Monday, 02-01-23: Low Spend, No Spend January

 Good morning, everyone.  

 The New Year celebrations are done and dusted and life returns to what passes for normal around here.  All the nibbles have now gone, either eaten, frozen or given away with a few that I just had to throw out, sadly.

There's no circuits today, they start next week, but there's Groove back tomorrow and after that everything falls into shape.

Yesterday's meals:

In the end, I basically made a cheesy Spanish tortilla and had half of it so half healthy extra.  I'm glad there's the other half for today.
This was the buffet, nothing grand, and pretty much everything went apart from the cheese and the Christmas cake.

I'm hoping Beth will take the boursin, I have plans for the feta, the hard goat cheese (an A choice) and the very little bit of Stilton, and I am going to grate and freeze the cheddar (there's more in the fridge!)

Note to self - do not get so much cheese next year!!

The Christmas cake will keep longer term, of course, providing it is well wrapped.

And now we really are back to normal again.  Phew.

Today's plans

B:  egg on toast; fruit
It might be scrambled, fried or poached - I'll decide when it is time.  Because I only need one slice of bread, I will make it a home made slice.
I've decided that I will keep the shop bought sliced bread for when I want two slices (which are one healthy extra B) and when I don't need two slices, I will have my own, delicious, home made bread which is around one slice for a B - heavier and thicker sliced, you see.
SW:  one healthy extra B and one syn for half a level tsp turkey dripping on the toast.

L:  Spanish tortilla, salad, coleslaw; fruit
As I added the potato to make it more a tortilla yesterday, it also made it much more substantial so I have some left for today's lunch - very handy!
SW:  half a healthy extra A for cheese and two syns max for mayo in the coleslaw

D:  cottage pie with cheesy potato topping, veg; yogurt
I opened a can of cooked potatoes yesterday to make the brunch so have some to use up over the next few days.  I have the cooked mince in the freezer and I think I will lightly crush some of the potatoes, spray them, sprinkle over some grated cheese and bake in Nellie the Ninja until hot and (maybe) crunchy on top.
I have loads of veg to use up so that's good.
SW:  up to one and a half healthy extra As and half a syn for yogurt

E:  a walk

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.







No comments:

Post a Comment