Thursday 19 January 2023

Thursday, 19-01-23: low spend/no spend January

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meals:


Breakfast was a pear and some melon.  Both were sweet and juicy and really hit the spot.

This was the leftover sauce with chicken and fruit added.  It wasn't that colour, it was much more yellowy and it was delicious.
I had a couple of easy peelers later on.

Lovely carbonara!
I know I planned salad as a side but when it came to it, I was really craving broad beans (yes, you can crave veg!!) so that's what I had.
Again, no room for dessert.  

A very satisfying day's eating.
Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Very much snatched on the run today so there may not be a photo
SW:  syn free

L:  lunch with Val . . .
. . . so I really have no idea except that it won't be too unhealthy or calorific.  That's fine by me.

D:  ocean pie
A posh name for potato topped fish pie, it is on one of the recipe cards that were given out at the beginning of this year.  This seems to be the recipe.
I will adapt.  I don't have quark but will add an egg yolk for extra richness.  I don't have fish stock so will use veg stock instead.  I have plenty of fish so will just use a selection.
SW:  the pie is half a syn per serving (that's for cornflour) and the yogurt will be half a syn

E:  Today's Shimmy Snippet should be called Not-A-Snippet-At-All as it is a full, 45 minute class

Summary:
unknown today 

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, for someone who was a veg hater for many years, I do now crave veg occasionally! Never broad beans though, that's one thing I've never developed a taste for. Enjoy your lunch. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I've always loved broad beans from when Dad grew them in the garden when we were little ones. I love a plate of veg! :-)
      xx

      Delete