Sunday 22 January 2023

Sunday, 22-01-23: low spend/no spend January

Morning, everyone!

Having fun in the kitchen yesterday - two days' worth of pasta!


Half white pasta flour and half wholemeal plain flour, one egg and one tsp olive oil.  That's the mix I'm going to use in future; it was really good.
I said two days' worth above - to be honest, it's three.  Yesterday's half made a very substantial meal without any veg on the side.

Yesterday's meals:


When I got to it, I didn't want much so I ditched the omelette and the yogurt and just had a bit of fruit.
Nice, chunky soup and a crunchy crimpie.

Later on, I had two easy peelers.
Not a very clear photos.  It's the meatballs in a tomato and veg sauce with half of the fresh pasta and some grated cheese on top and it was delicious.

See what I mean about the substantial portion though?
No dessert needed (or wanted).

Today's plans

B:  potato waffle, baked beans, egg, tomatoes
I have half a small can of baked beans to use up, having used the other half to make the tomato soup yesterday.  I might spray fry the egg or I might poach it - we will see.
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle - the rest is syn free

L:  hm tomato soup, cheese and chutney toastie; fruit
I'm going to break my usual tradition of a Sunday roast, partly because I just want to and partly because I don't want lots of leftovers.  Next Sunday, I am hoping Beth and Alex will be round for Sunday lunch and I can bring out the big boys then!
It's a home made tomato soup and I'm using half portions - half a can of chopped tomatoes (leftovers from yesterday), half a small can of baked beans (the rest tomorrow at some point), bit of carrot, bit of onion and some nice stock (I might raid the freezer for the stock - either chicken or turkey.
But I will eat the whole lot, I think!
SW:  one healthy extra A, one B, one and a half syns for chutney.  The rest is syn free

D:  salmon lemon pasta, green veg; yogurt
This is a Thermomix recipe from Cookidoo.  I don't know if you can access it but here's the link, in case.  I think I will add some mushrooms to the recipe too.
I have half of yesterday's fresh pasta to use up for this recipe - lovely!
However - looking through the recipe, I think it will be much simpler just made on the hob so that's what I will do.
SW:  half a syn for yogurt but, looking at the Cookidoo recipe, it doesn't seem to use any syns as long as I use spray oil - actually, I might use some proper olive oil, up to one tbsp for six syns but I won't use that much, I am absolutely sure.

Ex:  a Lindsey Snippet today, just a short stretch.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one heathy extra B
up to ten syns



What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment