Sunday 1 January 2023

Sunday, 01-01-23: Low spend, no spend January

Good morning, everyone.  A Happy New Year to us all.


Low Spend, No Spend January has officially begun so fingers crossed and off we go!  Woo hooooooo!
 

Yesterday's meals:

Back to good old no-cheat oat pancakes for breakfast and very nice they were too.  The yogurt was an extra half syn


I had planned to make a Spanish tortilla but I just wasn't hungry at lunch time and, anyway, there really was plenty for the evening, so just had some fruit.

Then Beth contacted to say she wasn't well so we rescheduled last night for tonight.  Unfortunately, I still nibbled and tippled but there you go.  That's life!

Today's plans

Brunch:
I've decided to make this a two meal day today.  I'm not hungry at the moment so I'll wait until about twelve thirty when I will have either a nice filled omelette or that Spanish tortilla I had planned for yesterday.  
SW:  if I add cheese, it will be a healthy extra A, otherwise, syn free.

D:  The party nibbles planned for yesterday - assuming Beth and Alex come round.  If not, I will get a pre-cooked SW friendly meal out of the freezer and the nibbles can stay in the freezer for another time.
SW:  unknown

E:  It's much nicer today so a walk seems a good thing to do.

Summary:
one healthy extra A

the rest is off plan but I will try to be sensible


What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean short life food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also, anything else absolutely essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.



No comments:

Post a Comment