Saturday 7 January 2023

Saturday 07-01-23: low spend, no spend January

Good morning, everyone.
Two pounds off yesterday - I'll take that!!
The temporary venue for the group (because of the bad flood in our usual hall) was quite nice.  It's smaller but quite big enough, and the heaters are very effective which is good.  Lots of people turned up and it was a very happy. jolly time.
I could have claimed my silver Body Magic award but I forgot.  I've made a note in the book for next week.

I have been umming and ahing about breakfasts and lunches.  I generally don't have many problems deciding what I would like to eat each day and almost always plan flexibly a few days in advance.
However, the meal I have most difficulty with is lunch - I'm not sure why, I just do.  My brain seems to freeze.  On the other hand, I am perfectly happy to have just fruit and yogurt for breakfast but like other breakfasts too.  
So I'm going to try almost always having fruit and yogurt for breakfast and then lunch might sound breakfasty or lunchy, depending on what I choose.  I know 'cooked breakfast' might sound rather odd at around two in the afternoon but I think it might work for me.
Worth a try, anyway!
Yesterday's meals:

Yogurt and fruit and I treated myself to a drizzle of Groovy Food agave chocolate sauce for about one extra syn.


The cheesy triangles were lovely.  It did use the oven though - next time I will try ninja-ing.
Turn the oven to high.
Cut a SW friendly wrap into triangles and place on an oven tray.  Sprinkle over some chilli flakes and then some grated cheese.  Pop into the oven for about ten minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edges are crunchy.  So easy.

Good old fish and chips and it was delicious.  I made too many peas though so have some left over for today which I will add to the dinner I have planned.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I think I might need to get some fruit out of the freezer - I'm getting a bit short but don't want to go shopping until Monday.
SW:  half a syn if I use 2% yogurt

L:  cheese, bacon and chutney toastie, salad; fruit
The bacon and brie toastie I had on Thursday at Robyn's Nest was so delicious, I fancy another one.  It won't be brie though - for a start I don't have any but also it doesn't count as a healthy extra A.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for grated cheddar, the bacon is free providing you cut off all visible fat (which I always do) and counts as protein, the bread will be my healthy extra B and the chutney is one and a half syns (unless I get round to making some home made today)

D:  ras el hanout chicken and orzo bake; yogurt
This recipe is in the new Pinch of Nom Enjoy book, p. 126 and not only does it look absolutely gorgeous, I have all the ingredients needed plus those left over peas.  I've checked the ras el hanout spice I have and it is free on SW - not all spice mixes are.
I'll let you know.
SW:  one syn for 10g sultanas and half a syn for yogurt

E:  a walk today, weather permitting.  If it's raining, I will probably do something from YouTube

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment