Saturday 21 January 2023

Saturday, 21-01-23: low spend/no spend January

Morning, everyone!
One pound off at Group yesterday which I was very happy with.
Also, I won the raffle so that's two weeks in a row I have come back with goodies.  This week is was 'flavour additions' so spray light, soy sauce, a fat freed vinaigrette, a carton of passata, a tube of tomato puree, garlic granules and veg stock cubes.  Wasn't that nice?  
I use all of these except for the vinaigrette which I don't like; most people do so I will pop it in the Slimmer of the Week hamper next week.
Yesterday's meals:

A delicious breakfast of fruit.

Lunch was leftovers from the night before and, as with most leftovers, the flavour was even better and I so enjoyed it.
And it kept me going until dinner time!


I decided to treat the Mexican pork one pot as a sort of burger in a bowl thing and, instead of the grated cheese, made a burger sauce with equal amounts of mustard ketchup, tomato ketchup and super light mayo with a dash of lime juice.
Nutritionally, it can't compare with cheese but calorie wise, it's better so that's OK.  After all, my nutrition is generally fine.

It was delicious!

No room for anything else.

Today's plans

B:  sweet omelette with fruit and yogurt
Self explanatory really.  I'll use freezer fruit because that works well with this sort of dish.
SW:  syn free

L:  soup with cheese and chutney toastie; fruit
The soup is from the freezer, probably ham and veg pottage, and I will use the crimpit gadget and a 'thin' to make a toastie.
SW:  the thin will be my healthy extra B and 30g cheese is my healthy extra A, while the chutney is one and a half syns

D:  spaghetti and meatballs in a tomato sauce, salad (probably); yogurt
I have some very old meatballs that are two for half a syn so I'll have five or six.  I'll add a bit of chorizo to veg and chopped tomatoes to make a nice sauce and serve it with spaghetti and some grated cheese.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one and a half syns for the meatballs and two and a half for a bit of chorizo while the yogurt is half a syn

Ex:  SET class online

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns


What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment