Monday 30 January 2023

Monday, 30-01-23: low spend/no spend January

Morning, everyone!
This week, pretty much all the meals are using up freezer leftovers/second portions.  My original plans involved making some kits up, etc, but that will make more stuff to go into the freezer and, useful as that is, it's not going to be my aim this week.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast - very nice.
A delicious roast dinner . . .
. . . and leftovers.
I spread hm coleslaw (cabbage, carrot and mayo) over the wrap, laid thinly sliced roast pork down the middle, added some apple sauce and folded up the wrap.  It was really nice and surprisingly filling.

then I had one of the jellies (no yogurt) and three easy peelers.
Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
I have some apple sauce leftover from yesterday, from the freezer and made with some apples my friend Chris gave me from the tree in her mum's garden.  Absolutely delicious!
I'll fold that into the yogurt with a pinch of cinnamon and have extra fruit on the side.
SW:  one syn for some sugar in the apple sauce but I won't be synning the cooked apple.

L:  left overs of Balinese chicken curry, side salad; fruit
Maybe an odd mix but the curry will be in a separate bowl so it will be fine.  The flavours in the curry should have developed nicely.
SW:  five syns for the curry

D:  spaghetti and meatballs, side veg; jelly and yogurt
I have seven Muscle Food meatballs and some roasted red pepper pasta sauce in the freezer so I can use both of those with added veg for speed food (SW jargon!!) and some grated cheese over the top.  I also have ricotta so I wonder about stirring some into the sauce - would that work, I wonder.  I might try with just a bit and see.
There will be enough for tomorrow's lunch as well.
SW:  the meatballs are half a syn each so two syns, the sauce is one syn (no idea why but that's what I wrote on the lid) and the cheese and ricotta will be around one and a half healthy extra As.  The dessert is one syn in total.

Ex:  the Monday Snippet and circuit training.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
ten syns

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment