Thursday 5 January 2023

Thursday, 05-01-23: Low Spend, No Spend

 Good morning, everyone.  

 What do we do when we have loads of veg left over and going a bit 'rusty'.  Why, we make soup, of course.
Yesterday turned out to be soup day.  I had planned to make some leek and potato anyway, which I did, but I also ended up making some mixed veg soup too.  The latter had onion, leek, carrot, and celery so not much different to the former, but I also added some edamame beans and some turkey to it for more protein.
Despite all the similarities, they taste quite different.  Each made about one and a half portions so I will put the two half portions together.  After all, why not?  :-)

Yesterday's meals:

Just plain 2% yogurt and it was lovely!
There's nothing quite like a home made soup.  I decided not to make croutons because the post Christmas sweet tooth might land later on as it did yesterday and I can have an Alpen bar for half a B.

(also, to be fair, the soup was very filling)

And it did land so that was my healthy extra B and I'm glad I was ready for it.
The baked feta pasta was really quite nice although next time I will pre soften the onion and it could take mushrooms and peppers as well as the tomatoes.  S0 - OK but . . . 

I didn't add any milk to the soup so I nibbled on another As worth of feta - I do love the saltiness and texture of feta.

No room for dessert.


Today's plans

B:  apple pie baked oats
This takes 40g oats, one egg (some people use two), about 150g yogurt, apple pie spice mix, chopped apple and some sweetener, baked in Nellie for about fifteen minutes.
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a syn for yogurt.  I don't syn cooked apple.

L:  eating out
This has been on the cards for over a month but Chris and I haven't been able to coordinate dates.  So, off plan, but I know their menu and they have reasonably healthy stuff.
SW:  unknown

D:  chunky turkey and veg soup; yogurt
What I would normally have had for lunch but am having for dinner instead today
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

E:  Lots of up and down stairs today.

Summary:
Not known today


What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

No comments:

Post a Comment