Saturday 28 January 2023

Saturday, 28-01-23: low spend/no spend January

Morning, everyone!
Half a pound off yesterday which is fine by me.  I hit a self-set mini-target so I was pleased with that.
Also - again - I won the raffle!  It was a 'celebrating healthy extra Bs' prize so I got a loaf of wholemeal bread, a pack of wholemeal pittas, a pack of WW wraps which are a B choice and a box of the new hi fi bars.
I'd already bought a box of the last because I wanted to try them so now I have more than I wanted - I'll save some to take with me next weekend, I think.  I already have all of the other items in the freezer - now I've got more.  It's all good for the frugal thingy!

Yesterday's meals:


A nice, simple fruit platter breakfast.  I know I always plan some yogurt but I don't always have it and I didn't yesterday.

The mini cottage pie was from the freezer, thawed and Ninja-ed while the veg was one of those useful steam bags you do in the microwave.

It filled me up nicely.

I think I said yesterday that I had really been craving some bangers and mash and this was just gorgeous.  I gave the chipolatas ten minutes in the Ninja, then added the veg (mushrooms, tomatoes and red pepper) and gave it all another ten minutes and it was just right.
The mash was one potato, cooked, mashed and with 60g grated cheddar mixed in, then browned off in the other side of the Ninja.  Perfick!
The onion gravy was one onion, finely sliced and slow cooked (in Thermione, but it would be fine on the hob) in some spray oil.  Then I added some water and some chicken sti=ock granules, bisto, marmite, soy sauce and Henderson's relish and it was so good.  I have two thirds left, split into two single portions, for other meals.  Good old freezer!
The new hi-fi bars were rather tasty too and I also treated myself to a couple of Becks Blues (alcohol free) which were two syns each.
This means yesterday's syns were much higher than usual but still OK - just!


Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt (if I want it)
SW:  syn free or half a syn for the yogurt

L:  A full English; fruit
So . . . bacon, sausage, egg, potato waffle, mushroom and tomato although I might not have all of that.  I will see how I feel when the time comes.
SW: the sausage would be two syns and the potato waffle two as well

D:  Balinese chicken, rice; jelly and yogurt
This is very problematic - it has coconut milk and the three flavour pots are not going to be syn free.  I'm using light coconut milk, I'm not adding the cashew nut garnish and I will load it up with speed veg in the hopes that it will actually make three portions.
I do wish SW synned more Simply Cook meals.
I'll probably add some fruit to the jelly so it's a sort of trifly thing.
SW:  OK, so assuming three portions, the coconut milk will be five syns-ish (ouch) and I'm going to estimate two syns for the flavour pots - that is per portion.  The jelly will be half a syn and the yogurt half too

Ex:  today's Snippet is a full SET class - Strike, Energise and Tone, fifteen minutes of each.

Summary:
no healthy extras planned today
twelve syns

What is low spend, no spend?

All I will buy through January is essentials - and by that I mean food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs.  All other foods will come out of my existing supplies and, to be honest, that may not be much of a challenge.  Also included in any low spend essentials are cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter.  
Also anything else essential that I won't think of until it lands!
That is the low spend part.

Everything else, unless it is either a regular bill/payment/commitment, will not happen.  No sneaky little Amazon purchases, no 'bargains' from the supermarket, certainly no clothes . . .
That's the no spend part.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the continuing weight loss and achieving your mini target - go you! I'm so pleased for you, Joy. Lovely useful things in the raffle prize. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very useful! I always take part but sometimes I'm just not that fussed with the prize; this time it was a good one!
      Thanks, Sooze. I just wish I didn't gain so much during celebration times such as Christmas. xx

      Delete
  2. Hello! Rachel here - not been back to group so have not seen the new bars - what are they? Intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rachel. They are called 'Tease Me' and they are sticky toffee. Some love them and some don't. They are extremely sweet. I do like them but one at a time is enough. xx

      Delete