Thursday 9 August 2018

Thursday, 09-08-18

Good morning.
Yesterday's food was tasty!  I found a leek and potato soup in the freezer but I do seem to have more or less worked through my stock of soup so I can tick off part of my freezer challenge at last.  Mind you, I'm getting to the point where I can't eat all my tomatoes each day so that means making more soup and passata for the winter months - lovely.

Today's healthy food plans
B:  Oat galettes with plums (out of the freezer) and natural yogurt
The plums were a gift last year.  I halved and de-stoned them and then open-froze them.  There's not a lot left but they ought to be used at some point soon.  I will use Stevia to sweeten them, if needed.
The yogurt is home made and the galettes are more of what I made yesterday.
So both healthy and frugal.

L:  ?
Ah - well, Alex and I are off to Hyde Hall today (weather permitting) so we will be having lunch in the cafe there.  I will try and make it as healthy as possible but it won't be frugal!

D:  chickpea curry with runner beans
It's the other half of the peach and chickpea curry I made last week and the runners are from the garden.  Should be delicious and, to make up for lunch, very frugal.

S:  apples x 2

Another tasty day today although I have courgettes and potatoes stockpiling as well as runner beans and tomatoes so I need to plan them in sometimes soon - like tomorrow.  Must look up courgette fritters!

2 comments:

  1. Our courgettes are now coming to an end, thankfully, there are only so many ways of using them before you get fed up! We are now being inundated with tomatoes, not that I mind, they're so easy to slow cook in the oven and keep in the fridge for a few days, or make into pasta sauce to freeze (4 tubs already made and frozen).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might have just gone dormant because of the weather. Tomatoes are a lot easier to deal with, aren't they, and so delicious come the darker, colder weather.
      xx

      Delete