Wednesday 22 August 2018

Wednesday, 22-08-18

Good morning!
Beth and I came back from the allotment yesterday with another bagful of goodies so I really MUST get freezing them today or they will go off before I can eat them all.

Today's plans
B:  overnight oats with fruit and natural yogurt.
I must make some more yogurt today - I'm running out.

L:  no idea as I'm going round a friend's
The ultimate frugal.  I shall take a courgette and some tomatoes with me as a thank you.

D:  fish and chips, runner beans. fried (in spray oil) tomatoes
The fish is oven bake, the chips are slimming world chips and the runners and tomatoes are from the garden.  The free lunch makes up for the fish so it should balance out pretty frugally all round.

Ss:  fruit, tomatoes
Even the fruit is home grown today - apples and a plum plus two raspberries!

6 comments:

  1. I love having gifts from someone's garden if they visit. It's sometimes a real sacrifice if their harvest isn't bountiful and the taste of home grown food is wonderful.
    Your produce will act as an ice breaker too. Have a lovely time.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I'm sure it will be a lovely time and I do enjoy sharing the garden produce.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely header picture, Joy. Isn't it wonderful when we have so much home grown produce? (Even if it is a bit of a pain having to deal with, process and preserve it all!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, yes, and makes it all worth while - all the digging, etc earlier on in the year. I quite enjoy the preserving. I think ahead to the winter and it makes me feel good.
      xx

      Delete
  3. So jealous you have a garden you can cook from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is small, very small. I have runners, tomatoes, herbs and some fruit - raspberries, strawberries, tayberries and blueberries. But the best thing is that Beth and I share an allotment! It's quite a bit of work, especially spring and early summer, but so worth it!
      Do you have allotments your way?
      xx

      Delete