Tuesday 7 August 2018

Tuesday, 07-08-18

Good morning!

Today is the day!  There's one every year.  It's the day I go out, pick my tomatoes and fry them for breakfast for the first time that year.
I have enough tomatoes so today is fried tomato day!

Here's the day's plans:
B:  guess what - fried tomatoes.  Not oats! 
Maybe, another day, I will make oat pancakes to have with my fried tomatoes but, just for today, it's purely tomatoes and a bit of olive oil.

L:  hummus, carrot batons, simple salad
The hummus was very YS so great value as well as being absolutely delicious and the salad will be cos lettuce (bought), tomatoes (garden) and cucumber (dad's garden - thanks, Dad).

D:  salmon, new potatoes, runner beans
Even the salmon wasn't too dear - Morrisons seems to be plugging it rather right now.  The other is fresh grown.

S:  fruit x 2.  In about a month it will be apples from our little allotment trees, I hope.

A wonderful time of year when the hard work comes to fruition (literally) and each plate is a flavour explosion of freshness.  Lovely!

4 comments:

  1. It great when you can pop into the garden for ingredients. Almost all my vegetables is coming from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's wonderful. It just makes me feel really good; thankful too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love salmon, my favourite fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I love it just plain, baked in foil with a bit of lemon juice. So tasty!

      Delete