Tuesday 14 August 2018

Tuesday, 14-08-18

Good morning!

Yesterday's courgette fritters were most successful, even though really they were more like courgette pancakes really.  I've posted the recipe separately and will so that one again, with proper sweet chilli sauce next time!
(Bad me, having to throw away nearly a whole bottle.  It shows how much I don't use it)

Today's plans
B:  as yesterday, overnight oats, tinned pear and yogurt
Half a pear is quite enough to flavour the oats, especially with a bit of the juice.  With seven halves in the tin, it makes breakfast pretty good value.

L:  Alex is over for his bangers and mash today.  No way I want bangers and mash in the middle of the day so I shall have beans on toast, the toast being YS granary, frozen after purchase.

D:  Beth is over so we will have vegetable frittata and runner beans.  Luvverly!

Ss:  fruit v 2

I have another confession to make.  I bought some Tesco peanut butter, tried it yesterday and it was extremely nasty.  So I chucked it.  Again, bad me, but I wasn't to know, having not tried that kind before.  Morrisons savers peanut butter is much nicer and cheaper too, but I wanted smooth and they don't do smooth in the Savers range.
I think that maybe it is one of those times where getting a more expensive brand is making better use of my money.
You live and learn.

2 comments:

  1. Have a go at making your own peanut butter. I just use ready roasted peanuts and shake most of the salt off, then blitz until smooth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that - good idea, thanks. I think I will. It'll be a lot nicer.

      Delete