Wednesday 8 August 2018

Recipe - oat galettes

I make these quite small and get eight or nice out of this amount.  You can make them whatever size you want though.



Ingredients
1 egg
1.5 tbsp yogurt (I used natural but if you're making sweetened ones, you could use a fruit yogurt)
1.5 tbsp oatbran (not porridge oats), heaped tbsps, not flat
pinch salt and bit of pepper OR some sweetener

spray oil - I used the buttery flavour type for these.

Method
Thermione is too big for this quantity which is quite a small amount so I used my stick blender and the container that came with it.

Crack the egg into the bowl and give it a good zizz until is it light and foamy.
Then add the yogurt and the bran plus any seasonings and zizz again.

Heat up a non stick pan and spray in a bit of oil.  Add in spoonfuls to make the size you want - the mixture will be quite thick.  Cook it on one side, then carefully flip it over and cook on the other side.  Then add more - stir the container each time as the bran sinks to the bottom.

Eat straight away or cool, wrap and freeze.  They keep, wrapped, in the fridge for about five days.

I really enjoyed breakfast today - three galettes and some fried tomatoes.


Edited to say I forgot to give accreditation.  It is a Dukan diet recipe, not one I made up.  It's all over the internet though so I don't think I've broken any rules describing it here.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're a nice base for stuff. Fairly neutral but can be sweetened or spiced. Filling and sustaining and really simple to make.

      Delete
  2. Like the sound of those. I will be trying them out this weekend. I have a free Saturday so plan to bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them as much as I do.

      Delete