Monday 6 August 2018

Monday, 06-08-18

Good morning.

Today's plans:
B:  muesli, natural yogurt
The muesli is still a gift.  I have 30g at a time and that means that a bag lasts and lasts.  The muesli is bought for the simple reason that I have been away and forgot to take my yogurt with me so needed to buy some, darn it!  Ah, well, it won't be wasted and I suppose the base for the next batch of home made can be 'refreshed'.
Back to overnight oats tomorrow,

L:  Some kind of omelette and tomatoes
Nothing fancy, just plain old omelette - egg and something, might just be herbs from the garden.  I could make it sound really posh.  Omelette aux fines herbes.  How's that for a scratch lunch that will also be satisfyingly frugal - two eggs and a bit of oil and seasoning!

D:  chicken with runner beans and new potatoes
I have cooked chicken in the freezer, I am pretty sure.  The runners will be picked from the garden and the potatoes dug from the allotment.  There might be enough ripe tomatoes to roast some as well.  That would be nice.  Not an exciting dinner but the flavours will be great!  Also pretty frugal because of the home grown veg not coming into their own.


While away. I made lasagne for my hosts and I.  I haven't had lasagne for ages, years probably, so I rather enjoyed it.  It's a simple enough recipe but takes quite a while to make so I never really do it just for one.  It's not the healthiest dish on the planet either but just occasionally, like last night, it is most enjoyable.

4 comments:

  1. How funny you mention lasagne! I was goin to recommend to you the creamy courgette lasagbe from the BBC good food website, I made it yesterday with an allotment monster courgette, and allotment tomato sauce from the freezer, adding a little cooked bacon, and using the cheaper quark rather than ricotta. It went down very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh - it sounds scrummy. I * think * I have seen it but can't remember specifically so I will hunt it up. Any courgette recipe is good right now! They just keep coming.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I made a chocolate courgette cake (from Sainsbury's magazine - not as frugal as the jack Monroe one, but huge and no faffing with jam), am thinking a soup and a courgette and chorizo soda bread (as I have chorizo that needs using). Tonight's cookbook browsing has suggested an omelette in one, or a frittata in the other. Might give the courgette omelette a try if I burst out of bed full of energy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, during my googling for recipes i found courgette martini!!! (Wont be trying that, unless I make a cake for the staffroom and use it as a syrup topping.)

    ReplyDelete