Friday 24 August 2018

Friday, 24-08-18

Good morning!
Today's news is that I have bitten the bullet and joined Slimming World.  I'm not sure how that will marry happily with frugality but I will do my darndest so fingers crossed.
I'm not about to start going on about Healthy Extras, Syns (how I dislike that term) and so on in these daily posts - I reckon if you're doing SW, you will be able to identify them and if not it won't mean anything anyway but I will in recipe posts, where relevant.  You Have Been Warned.

To the plans today are:
B:  overnight oats with fruit and natural yogurt
I have another three portions (well, two now) in the fridge so that's breakfast sorted for the next few days.  Some of the fruit is five yellow raspberries that were ripe on my canes this morning and three blueberries ditto and they are so, so delicious.

L:  frittata and salad
Fridge rubble being used here and the salad is still garden produce or freebie stuff from last weekend at my parents'.

D:  tuna pitta pizza and more salad.  I do love salad!  Then fruit salad.
Nothing particularly frugal here but nothing terribly costly either.  Grandson is staying over and asked for pizza, garlic bread and salad, then fruit salad.  I will have my own sort of pizza, no garlic bread and just a bit of fruit salad.  That will work fine.

12 comments:

  1. I love the expression,”fridge rubble” and think I will adopt it.f I may! I already make fridge soup so cobbled together left overs can be made from fridge rubble.
    The last meal I made from leftovers,a sort of shepherds' pie, was truly disgusting.
    A shame because normally they are delicious.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame! Do you know why? Rubble meals tend to be rather tasty.

      Delete
    2. Not really though I used a yellow sticker packet of mashed potato and leek which I’d frozen and it had a very unpleasant consistency.
      I probably needed to bung some spices into it too!
      Sue

      Delete
    3. Maybe it wasn't meant to be frozen?
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've been considering slimming world too so I would be quite happy to hear about healthy extras and syns myself! I don't plan to join a group but may try the online approach so anything you feel like sharing would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well, maybe I could include some info, if it wouldn't bore people.
      xx

      Delete
  3. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. geek squad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative post ! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign ! geek squad

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted Education news in german

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. bbc world news

    ReplyDelete