Thursday 16 March 2023

Friday, 17-03-23: more-low-spend March

 Morning, everyone!

Weigh day today.  I feel like I've lost a bit this week but you never can tell!

Yesterday's meals:


The 20g flour/one egg mixture made a very nice waffle so that's a way of having a favourite breakfast and still having half a B for another meal.  Gizmo makes a delicious waffle, for sure.
As well as the Elmlea swirl (half a tbsp was enough), I also added half a tsp mixed seeds (half a syn) for extra texture and goodness.

Really nice.

Later on, I had an apple.
A second portion of the cheesy chicken and ham pie (very yummy) and I fancied cooked veg rather than a salad so I just stir fried onion, pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes with garlic granules and a few chilli flakes.

No room for yogurt afterwards.
Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a syn if I have a Mullerlight

L:  Korean noodles (from freezer), salad; fruit
The last of the frozen Korean noodles!  I'll be making it again and now know how much of everything to use.
SW:  all free unless I have salad cream

D:  sweet and sour chicken, rice, prawn crackers; yogurt
A bit of a treat meal, this one, using a sweet and sour sauce.  I will syn the prawn crackers when I open the bag - it's too dangerous to open it early!
SW:  The sweet and sour sauce is four syns for the whole pouch, two syns per portion, all the chicken and veg should be free and I don't know about the prawn crackers yet.

Ex: A shimmy snippet and an on line YouTube workout.

Summary:
no healthy extras
two and a half syns plus the prawn crackers

What do I mean by low spend?

At the beginning of this year, as part of a de-cluttering thing, I did a detailed audit of all the food I had in cupboards, fridge and freezer and was somewhat horrified at how much stuff I had.
So I determined to make a huge effort to reduce it down and use it up with minimal waste.

January and February were no spend and low spend months respectively.  March is going to be another low spend month with just a few exceptions and, of course, all the essentials.  It has got to work with Slimming World.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries as needed.  A few other things will come up through the month but generally it is just real essentials as I see 'essential'.
Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual - they are essential.

It's really helping in these difficult times.  I am still able to save a wodge of my income (which is all pensions now) as I have done since I retired, plus a bit more.  After all, at some point, I will have to start replacing things - just not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment