Thursday 30 March 2023

Thursday, 30-03-23: more-low-spend-March

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday's photos:


Gotta love a sweet omelette!

I really enjoyed this - I use a can of tuna teriyaki 'fusions' thingy for one and a half syns - I've had it in the cupboard for ages and why I haven't had it before, I have no idea!  It was good mixed with cheese and some salad cream.

Later on, I had some fruit but can't now remember what it was.

It looks boring but this soup was just perfect when arriving late home from a meeting soaking wet after being caught in torrential rain!

The leftovers have gone into today's spicy pork!

And that was it - it was late and I was tired!


Today's plans:

B:  fruit
SW:  syn free

L:  spicy pork in a wrap shell, salad, grated cheese and some natural yogurt to go on the pork; fruit
This is a modified Simply Cook meal.  My friend is coming round for lunch and I made this last time.  Sadly. she and her other half both had covid so she couldn't come so I put the salvageable part of the meal in the freezer for the next time - which is today.  I've added leftovers of the soup from last night and some Henderson's and some chilli flakes to give it a bit more ooomph
So I will be using a sort of brioche shaped baking tin to mould and bake the wraps to crunchy and it should look really nice and posh with the spicy pork spooned in and cheese/yogurt on the top.
SW:  half an A for cheese, one B for the wrap, I am calling the spicy pork three syns for both lunch and dinner (I wrote it on the container when I froze it), there's a little bit of syn attached to the leftover soup (I'll say one for safety) and I think that's it.

D:  leftovers of spicy pork, roasted Med veg; yogurt
For the med veg, I am planning to use red onion, courgette, sweet potato, squash, pepper, mushroom and tomato and I might also add some chunks of broccoli stem I have in the freezer.  I might add some sort of spice mix too; I'm not sure right now.
SW:  I've counted the pork syns in the lunch section so I think it is just half an A if I sprinkle cheese over and half a syn for a yogurt

Ex:  I'm having to miss the live online SET class today but it will be on the Snippets page as a record so I will catch up on it later on.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns - or around about that anyway

What do I mean by low spend?

At the beginning of this year, as part of a de-cluttering thing, I did a detailed audit of all the food I had in cupboards, fridge and freezer and was somewhat horrified at how much stuff I had.
So I determined to make a huge effort to reduce it down and use it up with minimal waste.

January and February were no spend and low spend months respectively.  March is going to be another low spend month with just a few exceptions and, of course, all the essentials.  It has got to work with Slimming World.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries as needed.  A few other things will come up through the month but generally it is just real essentials as I see 'essential'.
Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual - they are essential.

It's really helping in these difficult times.  I am still able to save a wodge of my income (which is all pensions now) as I have done since I retired, plus a bit more.  After all, at some point, I will have to start replacing things - just not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment