Wednesday 29 March 2023

Wednesday, 29-03-23: more-low-spend-March

Morning, everyone.
Well, it's all change today.
I was planning to have a day at Aqua Springs Spa with Beth (daughter) but she's gone down with a sore throat.  No point doing something like that when you're not feeling well.
So I have hastily rejigged my meals for today!

Yesterday's photos:

Just yogurt and fruit (blueberries, raspberries and grapes) for breakfast.

I got a bit peckish before lunch so had one healthy extra A in babybel lights.
The teriyaki skewer from Iceland was really very nice indeed.  I'm glad I got some.
Under the skewer is a sort of warm salad of roasted sweet potato and red onion, cooked broad beans (I LOVE broad beans), tomato and pepper with a dressing of ketchup, balsamic vinegar and agave nectar.  Really good.
Later on, I had a pear.

The sticky chicken was delicious and I just cooked some frozen stir fry veg to go with it.  Very easy and very satisfying.
I had a yogurt and an orange for afters.




Today's plans:

B:  sweet omelette with fruit and yogurt
I do love a sweet omelette!
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  jacket potato topped with tuna, tuna mayo (or salad cream) and cheddar, salad; fruit
I haven't had a jacket potato for an age.  I'll start it off in the microwave and finish it off in Nellie to get the crispy skin.  With a big old salad, it will see me through the afternoon and evening with the fruit at around five o'clock.
SW:  one to two healthy extra As for cheese and one syn for mayo or salad cream

D:  chunky bean and chorizo soup; yogurt
It's tricky this evening as I have a meeting from six to eight and don't want to eat before then.  I've used various bits and bobs from the freezer plus some chopped tomatoes left over from Sunday and made a very substantial soup to which I will add some finely chopped chorizo (a little goes a long way with chorizo) and some chopped bacon.  I did originally plan to pop in some vermicelli at the last moment but it probably won't be needed.
It's very substantial and just needs reheating when I get in, so that's good.  It should be pretty digestible too.
SW:  two syns for the chorizo and half if I have a yogurt


Ex:  I had cancelled personal training but have contacted Lindsey in case she hasn't made any other arrangements.  If she has, I will do a pre-recorded online class.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs 
four syns
What do I mean by low spend?

At the beginning of this year, as part of a de-cluttering thing, I did a detailed audit of all the food I had in cupboards, fridge and freezer and was somewhat horrified at how much stuff I had.
So I determined to make a huge effort to reduce it down and use it up with minimal waste.

January and February were no spend and low spend months respectively.  March is going to be another low spend month with just a few exceptions and, of course, all the essentials.  It has got to work with Slimming World.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries as needed.  A few other things will come up through the month but generally it is just real essentials as I see 'essential'.
Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual - they are essential.

It's really helping in these difficult times.  I am still able to save a wodge of my income (which is all pensions now) as I have done since I retired, plus a bit more.  After all, at some point, I will have to start replacing things - just not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment