Wednesday 1 March 2023

Wednesday, 01-03-23: more low spend March

 Morning, everyone!

Ooops - it looks like I forgot to 'publish' this, sorry, everyone.  Publishing it at just past eight p.m.

It's the first of March and the low spend thing continues; I have made inroads into my supplies but there's still a way to go..  I'll be doing a shop shortly and then that's it for at least ten days, I very much hope.

Yesterday's meals:

I forgot to grab the usual piece of fruit before Groove so I had a banana as soon as I got back and this plate of fruit at the usual time of 11:00.  No yogurt though.
Soup and marmite toast for lunch and then I had the yogurt layered with blueberries and raspberries.


I had a bit of a struggle through the afternoon, craving all sorts of stuff.  I wasn't hungry, it was just a craving.  I got bust sorting stuff out and the craving went away, thank goodness.
Dinner was the Greek style baked chicken.  I don't know enough about Greek food to say how 'authentic' it was but it tasted good and filled me up so no complaints.
No dessert either - didn't need or want anything else.

Today's plans

B:  eggs on toast
One slice of toast and two eggs should do me just fine, maybe with some tomatoes on the side
SW:  half a healthy extra B

L:  cheesy potato topped corned beef and roasted veg pie, side salad; fruit
The last of the corned beef pie which has done me three substantial meals (with added veg) and which has been very tasty.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one and a half syns and one syn for salad cream, if I have some

D:  coconut and lime chicken escalopes, veg; yogurt
The chicken is from the freezer and really does need using up.  There are two left and I'm not sure how big they are so I will cook them both and perhaps one will do for lunch tomorrow.
I have some chopped tomatoes left over from yesterday so I think I will stir fry some veg and add the tomatoes to that.
SW:  up to two syns for the chicken and half a syn for the yogurt

Ex:   C25K and personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
five and a half syns

What do I mean by low spend?

At the beginning of this year, as part of a de-cluttering thing, I did a detailed audit of all the food I had in cupboards, fridge and freezer and was somewhat horrified at how much stuff I had.
So I determined to make a huge effort to reduce it down and use it up with minimal waste.

January and February were no spend and low spend months respectively.  March is going to be another low spend month with just a few exceptions and, of course, all the essentials.  It has got to work with Slimming World.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries as needed.  A ew other things will come up through the month but generally it is just real essentials as I see 'essential'.
Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual - hey are essential.

It's really helping in these difficult times.  I am still able to save a wodge of my income (which is all pensions now) as I have done since I retired, plus a bit more.  After all, at some point, I will have to start replacing things - just not yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment