Friday 31 March 2023

Friday, 31-03-23: more-low-spend-March

Morning, everyone.

So Friday rolls around yet again and I don't feel I've particularly lost much this week - but how can you tell when the only scales you use are the SW ones.  I've been a Very Good Girl at not weighing between groups.
I eat to satisfaction and, generally, am controlling any binge urges both of which I am really happy about.
Fingers crossed, please.  x
Yesterday's photos:

I got busy and didn't have any breakfast (didn't miss it either).
I had a friend here for lunch and didn't take a photo which is a bit sad because it looked really good and tasted good too.  I made a wrap shell by pushing a wrap into the mould I use for this and found a picture on Amazon.
They don't need oiling, you just push in the wrap and give it ten minutes at around 160-ish and it hardens into a bowl into which you can spoon whatever mixture you want to serve up.
The spicy pork was lovely with a bit more chilli, some Hendersons and the leftovers of the chunky soup from yesterday - my friend had seconds!!

I'm thinking of making a loaf in it or soda bread - the sort of thing to tear and share or cook into wedges for dipping in soup, etc.

Anyway, getting back to the subject, with some cheese and yogurt and a salad on the side, it looked really sort of cheffy!

This was dinner - the leftovers from the spicy pork with roasted Med veg, a sprinkle of cheese and some 0% Greek yogurt.

I'd got the yogurt out for lunch to start with and there was just a bit left in the dish so I had that instead of a Mullerlight.  

It was all very delicious!


Today's plans:

B:  a banana at group and poached egg on toast afterwards.
two eggs and one slice of toast, I think.
SW:  half a healthy extra B

L:  ham and split yellow pea soup, grated cheese; fruit
The last of the batch of soup I made a couple of weeks ago.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one syn for 40mls semi skimmed milk to dilute the soup a bit

D:  steak, chips, coleslaw, salad; yogurt
Just what it says and very  nice too.
SW:  one syn for some salad cream and one and a half syns for some chutney

Ex:  rest day

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
one and a half syns

What do I mean by low spend?

At the beginning of this year, as part of a de-cluttering thing, I did a detailed audit of all the food I had in cupboards, fridge and freezer and was somewhat horrified at how much stuff I had.
So I determined to make a huge effort to reduce it down and use it up with minimal waste.

January and February were no spend and low spend months respectively.  March is going to be another low spend month with just a few exceptions and, of course, all the essentials.  It has got to work with Slimming World.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries as needed.  A few other things will come up through the month but generally it is just real essentials as I see 'essential'.
Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual - they are essential.

It's really helping in these difficult times.  I am still able to save a wodge of my income (which is all pensions now) as I have done since I retired, plus a bit more.  After all, at some point, I will have to start replacing things - just not yet.

2 comments:

  1. I seem to recall making bowls like that out of old LPs when I was a teenager! Everything firmly crossed for your weigh in. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, you have reminded me. Much larger though! Goodness, that's a blast from the past!
      xx

      Delete