Tuesday 28 February 2023

Tuesday, 28-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

Yesterday's meals:


I really fancied a bit of marmite on toast for breakfast so I 'paid' another three syns of one slice of bread.  It was lovely!

Lovely, crunchy cheesy turkey toastie with salad and one syn's worth of 70% less salad cream.  Dessert was fruit and later in the afternoon I had a yogurt then instead of after dinner.

Very nice leftovers of the cheesy potato and corned beef pie.  I had planned some other veg but forgot and prepped cauliflower and broccoli so had that instead.  It's all nice.
I finished off the gravy from Sunday for another two syns.
The syns for the day were still within range - nine and a half.



Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

L:  soup with added turkey, bread or pitta to dunk; fruit
The soup is leftovers from Saturday, blended smooth and the turkey is Sunday leftovers.
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  Greek style baked chicken, side salad; yogurt
The one I didn't have last Friday evening and from the Fast Feasts book.
SW:  one healthy extra A for feta and one and a half syns for eight olives (both more than the recipe says) while the yogurt is half a syn.

Ex:   Groove today

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment