Thursday 23 February 2023

Thursday, 23-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!



Yesterday's meals:
Yummy but rather messy to eat.  Worth it though.
I added a grated baby beetroot into the coleslaw - nice.
The chicken looks tiny, I know, but it was plenty and filled me up.

Later on I had a plum and an orange.

This was a delicious dinner - cheesy chicken pasta bake with loads of added veg.
No room for any pud.

Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
The usual.
SW:  half a syn for a flavoured yogurt and the fruit will be a mix of speed and free fruit

L:  chicken pasta bake, side salad; fruit
Leftovers from yesterday and very nice too
I might try making some mock garlic bread by rubbing a cut clove of garlic over a slice of bread, then spraying it and baking it (in Nellie).  Or I might not, I'll see how I feel.
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheese.

D:  peshawari style chicken, plenty of veg; yogurt
This is a portion of the sauce I made last weekend.  I will cook the veg and the chicken and then add the sauce plus some tropical fruit from the freezer and let it all simmer and reduce down a bit.  It should work well.
SW:  the sauce is half a B, a bit of an A and two syns while the yogurt is half a syn.

Ex:   SET class online, maybe a run/walk, depending on the weather

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B (maybe)
three syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment