Monday 27 February 2023

Monday, 27-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

Yesterday's meals:
I also had a yogurt later on.
Not a great photo, sorry, but this was really nice.  Apart from some turkey, a tiny bit of cranberry sauce, one stuffing ball and a bit of gravy, everything was completely eaten as Beth and Alex both went back for seconds!  I didn't want leftovers (or seconds) so that was great.

No need for any dessert.
I simplified the recipe considerably, mainly because I couldn't really be bothered.  It was still very nice and I had more feta as a nibble so that was my second healthy A.
Spreading the pitta with mango chutney was a nice touch and, while I'm not sure I would make it again like that, I enjoyed it.  Maybe, next time, put everything inside the pitta, mixing the chutney with the spicy yogurt and the turkey

And that was it for the day.  It filled me up so no need for yogurt.

Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a syn for yogurt, if I use Mullerlight

L:  cheesy turkey and cranberry toastie, salad; fruit
Just what it says.  I do love a toastie!  I'm trying a different was to make the toastie to see if that helps to melt the cheese better.  I'll let you know!
SW:  one and a bit healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and half a syn for the cranberry (it really is a small amount).  If I have salad cream, that will be another syn.

D:  corned beef and roasted veg tie with cheesy potato topping, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and red peppers; yogurt
This is the first of the leftovers from Saturday.
SW:  under one healthy extra A for cheese and one syn for the corned beef (the original made enough for three) plus half a syn for the yogurt

Ex:   circuits and C25K

Summary:
two healthy extra As in total
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment