Sunday 19 February 2023

Sunday, 19-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

It's nice to have a treat now and again but it's also lovely to get back on track again.  I feel a lot better for it.

Yesterday's meals:

Leftovers from the Friday night fruit platter for breakfast.  Very refreshing.

Leftovers of the chicken tikka and, in the end, I decided to have a pitta rather than a wrap.
It was tasty and very filling.
Afterwards, I had an apple

And finally, the peshawari-style baked chicken from the new Pinch of Nom book and this was absolutely amazing.  I made it quite hot as I used one of the home grown chillis from the freezer but it would be lovely milder and it would also be lovely with a) additional fruit added (e.g. mango and pineapple) and b) with a bit of cream (or equivalent) stirred in.  It would add to the syns, that last, but it would be so good and one could couny the sultanas as part of a healthy extra B.
One to do again before too long and well worth the bit of healthy extra A and six syns it cost.

The day finished off with a yogurt with some chopped fruit stirred in.

Today's plans

B:  bacon and mushroom omelette with roasted tomatoes
SW:  syn free

L:  pork shoulder steak, mixed roasties, veg; fruit
I looked for a recipe and found this one.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/fruity-pork-steaks
It looks very SW friendly when quartered to make one portion and very straightforward too.  I'll have traditional Sunday roast sides which can more or less do by themselves while I cook the pork.
SW:   half a tbsp redcurrant jelly is one syn and the rest is free or speed

D:  cheese and onion toastie, salad; yogurt
One of my favourites and a great way to use up those healthy extras.
SW:  up to two healthy extra ASs for cheese, one healthy extra B for two slices of bread and one and a half syns for onion chutney plus half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  a garden jog and a Lindsey workout

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment