Thursday 9 February 2023

Thursday, 09-02-23: low spend February

Morning, everyone!

Everything was back to normal, food-wise, yesterday, thank goodness.  What with Tuesday evening and last weekend at Five Lakes, I won't get a loss this week, nor a maintain, probably, but I'm hoping the gain won't be too bad.  xx
Yesterday's meals:


A bit of a messy breakfast but nice, all the same

Lunch looks huge but it's mostly speed salad veg and it was delicious.

Later on, I had an orange and a pear.
Why have I not discovered frozen broccoli before?  I steamed it, as I do most of my veg nowadays and it was lovely.  I thought it might be soggy but it was fine, just like fresh.

The 'pie' worked well.  The base was a beef casserole, strained, and the gravy went in a jug to have over the veg.  The top was air-roasted sweet potato chunks, squashed, spread over the top with 30g cheese sprinkled over and re-heated.  Very nice indeed.

I finished off the day with a yogurt.
Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
I'll have a banana earlier as I have an online SET class.  The rest I will have later on.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  chicken, lemon and herb sauce (Nando's), salad; fruit
I intend to just air fry some chicken and have it with the sauce (which, I gather, is really tasty) and a salad.  Actually, I wonder if I could use that sauce instead of mayo in coleslaw, just for a change.  I might give that a go at some point.
SW:  two tbsp of the sauce is one syn.

D:  meatballs in red pepper sauce, veg; yogurt
I plan to make the meatballs using a couple of M&S burgers that are syn free plus a red onion and rosemary sausage, mixed with some spices and, possibly, some grated cheddar and the red pepper sauce is from the freezer.  The jury is out as to whether I will have pasta or not.  
SW:  one syn for the red pepper sauce, half a syn for the yogurt and if I have cheese, that will be a healthy extra A

Ex:  Lindsey rescheduled personal training to this afternoon so I have the SET class in the morning and personal training this afternoon.  I should sleep well tonight!!

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs
three syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


5 comments:

  1. I used frozen cauli and broccoli in a baked cauli/broc cheese the other day, we couldn't tell that it wasn't fresh veg. We also like frozen sprouts - not boiled, but drizzled with a little oil and roasted from frozen in the oven - saves all the bother of peeling fresh ones. Enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try the cauliflower too - the fresh looks very tatty in the shops at the moment. Thanks for the tip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crushed sweet potatoes sound really tasty. I bet they'd make nice patties .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lovely and, yes, I am sure they would. xx

      Delete