Friday 3 February 2023

Friday, 03-02-23: low spend February

  Morning, everyone!

Just to let you know that I won't be posting over the weekend but I'll be back on Monday, raring to get straight back on track again!

Weigh day today - lose, gain or maintain.  I wonder  . . .

Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast was two apples and pear; one apple before the SET class and the rest around eleven thirty.  I didn't photo.

Lunch was some air fried tomatoes, red pepper and mushrooms with cheesy marmite toast on the side.  I sprayed the bread and then toasted both sides.  I spread marmite on the lighter side, then sprinkled over grated cheddar and popped it back under the grill.  It was so, so good.  
It took 45g cheddar so that was one and a half As, not two.
And it kept me going all afternoon so I didn't have anything else until lunch time.
Remember when I bought a bag of 'stir fry beef strips' from Iceland and found that it was far too tough for stir frying?  Instead, I made some slow cooker beef casserole with the rest and it turned out lovely.  Well, that's what I had yesterday evening with the last of the broccoli, the last of the cabbage and not the last parsnip, roasted.  So good.
I'm very glad I have two more portions in the freezer.
No dessert needed!

Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
. . . as usual
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  ham and split pea soup; fruit
The soup is from the freezer.
SW:  syn free

D:  Unknown.

Ex:  a Shimmy Snippet and plenty of walking

Summary:
unknown 

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment