Wednesday 1 February 2023

Wednesday, 01-02-23: low spend February

Morning, everyone!  New month, same old . . .

Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast was just fruit, some before Groove and the rest after.  I didn't take photos.


Leftover meatballs and a salad for lunch.  Very tasty and filling.

Later on, I had a couple of hi fi bars so that was my healthy extra B

Dinner was the corned beef hash filled jacket potato - half a potato anyway.
It doesn't look that exciting but it was so, so good and I am very glad I have the other half for lunch today.

Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
I have fruit that I must use up!
SW:  half a syn for 2% Greek yogurt

L: other half of the corned beef hash filled jacket potato, side salad; fruit
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, one syn for brown sauce and two and a half syns for corned beef

D:  beef tagine with mash and veg; yogurt
I can't remember if the beef tagine is home grown or a Simply Cook meal but it's from the freezer.  I will add some cheese to the mash for extra deliciousness.
SW:  two syns for the beef tagine (it says so on the container lid), one healthy extra for cheese and half a syn for the yogurt

Ex:  Snippet and personal training

Summary:
two extra As
no healthy extra Bs
six and a half syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)

No comments:

Post a Comment