Monday 13 February 2023

Monday, 13-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

The turkey thigh I had yesterday was a big old joint so there's a nice load of leftovers for the week ahead plus some good stock.  I love a pot of good stock!

So far, I've planned:
bacon and turkey stir fry
leftover turkey curry (this is actually a kit, not a make-up)
cheesy turkey quesadillas
turkey carbonara
Plus, of course, the stock for other meals, e.g. soups.  Yum!
All Slimming World friendly, of course.  I do love leftovers!

The food is lasting out well - no need for a shop yet this week - yet - and the shopping list for when I do go is very short at the moment.
Yesterday's meals:

Easy breakfast.

This went down a real treat.  The turkey was delicious and, as mentioned above, there's plenty left.

A very colourful evening meal with no room for jelly and yogurt - which is just as well seeing as I had forgotten to make the jelly!!

I also forgot to make the croutons and to sprinkle over some mixed seeds.  I added the seeds after I took the photo but didn't bother with the croutons in the end.

Today's plans

B:  cooked breakfast
bacon, egg, potato waffle, tomatoes and mushrooms - what I wanted yesterday but didn't have.
SW:  two syns for a potato waffle

L:  bacon and turkey stir fry, side salad, coleslaw; fruit
Working through the leftovers!  I might add some teriyaki sauce (one and a half syns per tbsp) or some hoisin sauce (two and a half syns_ or some ketjap manis (I think that's two and a half syns too)
SW:  one syn for some mayo in the coleslaw and up to two and a half syns for sauce

D:  leftover turkey curry, rice; jelly and yogurt
This is a Spice Queen mix and I think I will make up the lot because I have Dave and Anna round on Friday and thought I would make curries.  It had cream but I can take off my portion for tonight and add a mix of Elmlea and yogurt, freezing the rest without cream until Friday. 
I will use spray oil instead of oil and butter but you can't have it all, can you?  
SW:  two and a half syns for a level tbsp Elmlea (must get single next time - that's only one syn) and the rest is free (and yummy - I've had it before).  The yogurt will be one syn in total.

Ex:   A prerecorded SET class or, as it would usually be circuits, whatever Lindsey has left for us to do if we want to.
Lindsey is on holiday this week as it is half term.

Summary:
no healthy extras
eight syns max

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment