Saturday 11 February 2023

Sunday, 12-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!  Ooops, posted this a day early, sorry!

Yesterday's meals:

Perfect breakfast
Mind you - you don't need to preheat the ninja before boiling eggs - both mine cracked when I did that - too sudden a change of temperature, I guess.


Later on I had an apple.

The leftovers of the Cuban mojo pasta and just as nice as the day before.   I sprinkled over a tsp mixed seeds for one syn.
Dessert was an orange and later I had a pear.

The chicken and mango curry was absolutely gorgeous.  It was aromatic and fragrant.  Maybe, next time, I will add some chilli flakes for just a bit of heat.
Just one tbsp Elmlea really lifted it.  Definitely worth two and a half syns.

Then I had a yogurt and that was the day's food.


Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
What I'd REALLY like is a good old cooked breakfast but lunch and dinner are fairly substantial so I think I will defer that until tomorrow.
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

L:  a good old roast turkey dinner; fruit salad/Elmlea
I'm planning a right plateful of turkey, stuffing balls, cubed and spray-roasted potato, sweet potato and parsnip, carrots, sprouts, broccoli and gravy.  
I'll make the stuffing balls using one red onion and rosemary sausage, mushed up with some softened finely chopped onions and some chopped dried cranberries, shaped into balls and air fried.
If I make a fruit salad, I'll be enjoying a mix of Elmlea and Greek yogurt with it, just to see if the Elmlea works nicely with the yogurt - after all, I have an opened pot to use up now.
The turkey is the thigh portion of a turkey leg I bought cheaply in Morrisons either just before or just after Christmas.  It takes up quite a bit of space so time to use it up, I think.
SW:  the stuffing balls are one and a half syns for 9g of the dried cranberries (the sausage and the onion are speed or free) and the gravy will be two syns for Bisto.  If I have the Elmlea, that will be two and a half syns.  Really not bad for a good old plateful.

D:  buddha bowl; jelly and yogurt
I think a sort of buddha bowl type thingy with leftover turkey, leftover roasted veg (I will make sure there are leftovers!), salad veg, pickles and mixed seeds.  Possibly some croutons over the top too.
SW:  All the contents should be speed or free apart from the seeds which count as half a B choice for one level tbsp and the croutons will be the other half B  The jelly and yogurt will be one syn altogether

Ex:   One of Lindsey's pre-records on YouTube

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven and a half syns - I thought it would be more!

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment