Thursday 2 February 2023

Thursday, 02-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!
Still eating mostly from what I have in and minimal shopping.  I'm happy not to be doing a shop until next Monday.
How's it going for you right now, whatever plan you are following?

Yesterday's meals:

The usual fruit and yogurt, my go-to breakfast at the moment.

Lunch was the other half of the corned beef hash jacket potato with a salad.  It was so, so good and I really fancy making corned beef and potato patties at some point next week.  I've always liked corned beef and the lean version is perfect for SW.



As dinner was going to be much later than usual (evening meeting), I had my healthy extra B to keep me going in the form of two hi fi bars and very nice they were too.

After the meeting, this was a great big plateful and I couldn't manage it all!

And that was that for the day!

Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
Same as usual.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  marmite cheese on toast, tomatoes and mushrooms; fruit
I will spray toast the bread before spreading marmite over and melting the cheese on top.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As, one healthy extra B

D:  beef stew with loadsa veg (broccoli, cabbage, roasted parsnips); yogurt
This is the stew that I made in the slow cooker last week and it's very nice and 'meaty'.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

Ex:  A SET class online.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE SW cooking! I am 13 weeks at target and enjoy all the food I eat. Great to find your blog via Gill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Welcome to my blog and thanks for commenting. Congratulations for getting to target and staying there. It's a great plan, isn't it? xx

      Delete