Wednesday 8 February 2023

Wednesday, 08-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

Yesterday did NOT go according to plan.  All my own fault for not saying 'no' to myself and today Will Be Better!!  I have promised myself.
Yesterday's meals:


Fruit and yogurt for breakfast as planned.

The ravioli cooked fine from frozen and was really nice with just grated cheddar on top.


I had made the corned beef patties I planned to have and used half of the corned beef so I got the other, unused half, and munched it for two syns.  Early evening, I went to a meeting and by the time that was over I was tired, sore (see below for that) and just came home and ate rubbish.  Oh, dear.

So that was yesterday spoilt and I have four corned beef patties to use up today.
Today's plans

B:  two corned beef patties with mushrooms and tomatoes
Got to use them up, I'm not wasting them.  If I'm still hungry, I will have a yogurt afterwards
SW:  one syn for the patties, one for brown sauce and half for yogurt

L:  corned beef patties, coleslaw, salad; fruit
And that will use up the other two patties.
SW:  one syn for the patties, one syn for super light mayo in the coleslaw

D:  beef casserole with sweet potato topping, veg; yogurt
It was going to be a potato topping but I will have had potato for breakfast and lunch so it can be sweet potato instead.  The casserole is already cooked (and from the freezer) and I will just spread the cooked sweet potato over, top with a bit of grated cheese and re-heat in Nellie.
SW:  two syns for bisto in the casserole gravy, one healthy extra A for grated cheddar and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:   personal training - my shoulders and back are still sore so I guess Lindsey will modify things a bit and I'm going to ask her to give them a massage too.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
seven syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment